Learn to Play the Erhu
Have you wanted to learn how to play the erhu, but could not find a how-to book in English? Introducing Playing Erhu – Bridging the Gap. A complete guide for how to get started.
What you will find inside the book
- Assembly of the erhu
- Reading staff and jianpu notation
- Fingering charts for all common keys
- Music symbols, terms, ornamentation
- Exercises in staff and jianpu notation for each key
- Annotated regional folksongs in staff and jianpu notation for each key
- Download recordings of all music found in this book as performed by the author
Who is this book for?English readers that would like to learn how to play the erhu. No music background is necessary. All instruction is step by step, with recordings for every exercise and folk song.
Introducing the Author
Founder and Director Patty Chan is a second generation Chinese Canadian Erhu musician/ Educator/Author who is passionate about creating cultural connections through music. She has taught erhu and Chinese music at York University, Ryerson University, and Carleton University. She is the President (2013-19) and Music Director (2017-19) of the Toronto Chinese Orchestra and has led and participated in exchanges and tours to Vancouver, Edmonton, Hong Kong, Beijing, Henan, Xi’an, and Taiwan.
People who have bought the book are saying…
Start learning the erhu now!
Ready to purchase the book? We accept all major credit cards and PayPal. Please select the shipping location to see your total cost. All figures in USD.